Tuesday, March 29, 2005

 

Quake in Sumatra.

It was 12:09am in the morning in Penang, Malaysia. I shutdown my laptop and was ready to get to bed. Before I could stand up, I heard a vase near to my house television making some noise. Then I felt something wrong, the building was shaking. I knew it was earthquake.

Seconds later, my sister called me. She informed that Nibong Tebal, my sisters and I need to precaution if something terrible wrong happened, we must evacuate the building. A minute past, I heard a few ham in Penang island complaint about the quake and could not make any mobile phone calls. The phone lines were jam out.

All the information was real and was first hand story. I heard everything that on my walkie talkie and talked by all amateur radio operators in Penang, Bukit Mertajam, Seberang Prai and Parit Buntar. Fire brigade was ready to go out and help if something happened around Bukit Mertajam area.

For your information, one of 2 repeaters in Penang Hill was out of service. The operated repeater was got fixed two weeks ago. Thanks to the Motorola employee who went there and fixed the repeater. If the employee did not go there to fix it, all radio communication would be affected.

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for Motorola employees and Motorola to set up the repeater in Penang Hill.

73 to whover read this blog. Thanks and stay alert and always ready to take action.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?